– And the seven “Solution” cliches of Highly Ineffective Coaches.
Here are some of my pet-hates:
1. Get rid of Negative Beliefs: Take time to identify negative beliefs that you hold about yourself or the world. Then ask yourself whether they are true or not.
2. Focus on Positive Thinking: Negative thoughts can easily take over our minds, but we can retrain our brains to focus on positive thinking.
3. Remember to be patient with yourself and celebrate your successes along the way.
4. Prioritise Self-Care: Taking care of yourself is essential to maintaining a healthy mindset.
5. Address Negative Emotions: Negative emotions can weigh heavily on our minds and prevent us from having a healthy mindset.
6. Cultivate Positive Relationships: Our relationships can have a significant impact on our mindset. Surround yourself with people who uplift and support you.
7. Learn to embrace change.
And for a bonus, the most helpful of all, ”Work on your mindset every day”.
While it’s important to remove barriers that can prevent a healthy mindset, simply telling people to change them is not good enough. If it were that simple everyone would just do it.
Next time how it can work.